How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks After Pregency
- 1). Use cocoa butter to aid in lessening the appearance of stretch marks. The best rule of thumb is to actually start employing it when you first begin to see stretch marks, which may have a slightly pinkish appearance at first. That is the best time to begin using cocoa butter to treat this condition if you want to get the best results. Many also use this as a preventative measure during pregnancy.
- 2). Get an over-the-counter product that contains alpha hydroxy acid. Apply it to your skin 2 to 3 times daily. Alpha hydroxy acid is well-known for its ability to aid in diminishing stretch marks.
- 3). Give salicylic acid a try to diminish your stretch marks. It is reported to help get rid of dead skin and build new skin cells. Look for creams and lotions that contain a milder form of salicylic acid. Apply it to your affected areas twice a day until you see some degree of improvement.
- 4). Rub olive oil directly on the affected area of the skin 2 to 3 times daily. This should make your stretch marks less visible. You get can olive oil from any grocery store for this purpose.
- 5). Consider a microdermabrasion treatment. Do this if other treatments fail to succeed in making your stretch marks less prominent. Microgermabrasion is a series of cosmetic procedures administered to minimize the appearance of scars. Roughened wands, crystals or mechanical jets are used to help remove damaged skin and encourage collagen growth. It may be mildly painful, however, and the costs for treatment can be high. Some people have these procedures performed at day spas, but you may want to have them done by your dermatologist to ensure safety. You should not have this procedure done if you have taken the prescription drug Accutane in the past year.
- 6). Decide if you want to explore the option of laser assisted scar removal, a surgical procedure that can help lessen the depth and appearance of stretch marks. It helps to get rid of the top layer of damaged skin so that new skin can grow. While it is most effective, this surgery can be very expensive.